University of Surrey, Stag Hill, University Campus, Guildford GU2 7XH.
We encourage you to become part of a connected dance community – with Dance Surrey Directory for Dance Schools and Organisations that support the dance industry or Dance Surrey Pro for individual creatives.
Whether you are an organisation or an individual the membership scheme provides a platform for you to highlight what you do as well as professional development opportunities to support, sustain and inspire dancers, artists, teachers and makers. The programme runs annually and includes a variety of opportunities to network and be part of a thriving dance community, with access to Continuous Professional Development (CPD) throughout the year, discounts to classes, workshops and dance performances.
This is a rebranded directory and will feature dance school listings with more search options to make it easier for those wanting to find a dance school to do so. There is an annual fee to be listed, which will give access to exclusive offers and opportunities to network. Grant funding from Arts Council England’s Project Grants Scheme is supporting the Dance Surrey Directory. To encourage further sign-up we are offering a 10% discount on the annual 12 months membership. To enjoy this discount you will need to join by 31st May 2021. This is a 12 month rolling membership programme.
There are three membership levels, allocation is on a first come basis.
1. Bronze (unlimited)
2. Silver i(limited to 10 Dance Schools)
3. Gold (limited to 5 Dance Schools)
More Details and to Join: Dance Surrey Directory
Membership to Join Dance Surrey PRO is £25.00/annum, JOIN: Dance Surrey PRO
Monthly Breakfast Briefings – 45-minutes – two members from the dance-listed organisation can attend per briefing. Sign up required.
- This programme has started and is very popular. In April we have heard from Bawren Tavaziva – sharing his experience of growing up a Zimbabwe township and coming to England for the first time and experiencing snow! And how he used his Africa influence as a stimulus for his work and signature movement. This was followed by a CPD where attendees learnt about Bawren’s practise. In May we heard from brand guru Rob Macpherson, his entry into the world of consultancy and his top tips and some tools on how to start thinking about your brand.
Next up will be:
- Zoie Logic – Focusing on getting Boys into Dance & her work in communities
o Breakfast Briefing 8 June & CPD session 30 June IN PERSON
- Lucy McCrudden – Online Entrepreneur – talks about her inspiration that led to ‘Dance Mama’
o Breakfast Briefing 6 July & CPD session 13 July ONLINE
Details for August & beyond to be shared soon and will include:
- Amina Khayyam – gives an insight into her work with isolated communities and how she tackles difficult subject areas; her work has featured acid throwing, childlessness and recently domestic violence.
We have just started our monthly Breakfast Briefings which are free to members and give an insight into different experts within the industry including choreographers, brand guru’s, online entrepreneurs to name a few.