Tea Dance with a Twist← BACK
What Tea Dance with a Twist
When October date TBC
Following a very successful pilot of an Online Tea Dance series this Summer, Dance Woking is working with partners to roll out a further series to take us through the next 6 months, with more details to follow.
Dance Woking in partnership with Woking Borough Council trialed a New Online Tea Dance Summer Season.
Take Notice | Be Active | Connect
The Programme included:
- 4 weekly dance sessions;
- 3pm – 4pm;
- Led by Dance Woking’s experienced dance team;
- Delivered on the Zoom Platform;
- Including a Seated Dance version;
- Each week we will focus on a different dance style;
- Including Salsa, Swing/Charleston, Disco, and Flamenco;
- Weekly session to include: welcome, warm-up, featured dance style & cool down;
- Optional chat to connect and catch-up after the dance session.
In-between the featured dance style we introduced a new feature called “Music Memory”.
A song that holds a happy memory was shared with the group; the song & your story played during the tea dance.
To take part in future you will need:
- A computer/phone/tablet;
- Internet connection to access Zoom;
- A clear space for learning and practicing the dance steps;
- If seated, a chair that enables you to be able to freely move your arms and feet without knocking over objects;
- To register for each session to receive a link to access the event, only those registered will be able to take part.
By participating you confirm that you are in good physical health, if you are uncertain we strongly advise that you check with your Doctor.